Monday, January 26, 2009

I am God's Favorite!



I know that God doesn't really have favorites, but my mom has often told me that I am God's favorite. Why? Because if I even mention something that I want or need, the Lord practically dumps it in my lap! I love all of the blessings that He sends my way, but even more, I love the fact that I have a God who cares about the smallest things. If I need something, He is already working on it. I want to keep a running list throughout the year so that I can look back over everything that He has done for me!
*Recently, my husband mentioned that he would like to someday get a bigger TV for our room so that he can play his xbox on it. At the time, we had a tiny little tv that was fine, but I asked God to give us a bigger one for my husband. A few days later, a friend gave us one! A BIG one! I have a God who cares about me!

* I was at Goodwill (my 2nd home since I shop there so much!) and was looking for a nice outfit to wear to church. I told the Lord that my husband was on staff at the church and our appearance was very important. The way we dress reflects the Lord. Immediately I saw a Kasper suit in my size. Still had the tags.... $290.00! I got it for $12.00! I guess that God cares how I look! :)

* When my daughter was born, we really didn't have to buy her anything. We got the nicest hand-me-downs you could imagine! I was just running out of clothes that fit her when a friend loaned me all of her daughter's clothes. They were the size that I needed! I guess the Lord cares how my daughter dresses too, huh?*Since my husband is a youth pastor, I do ALOT of secreterial work for him. I had to go to the church everytime I had work to do because we didn't have internet or a computer at home. When my mom came to visit, she sold me her laptop for a GREAT price (Thanks mom!) and we just recently got the internet at home. What a blessing that God gave us a laptop! Now I can help my hubby from home!!!!

*We have not been able to buy a home since we have gotten married. Recently we found out that we are going to be able to buy a home at 1% interest! Can you believe that! It is a special program that we qualify for. We don't even need a down payment! We have had so much fun house hunting lately!I have a thousand stories like this just from the last few months!

When was the last time God dropped this many blessings in your lap? I think the reason that the Lord does so much for us is because of 3 things.

1) We don't love God because of what He gives us. That is an added bonus. TV or no TV, we still love the Lord.

2) We praise Him and thank Him continually for His blessings. Everytime I do a load of wash, I thank Him for the amazing deal he gave us on our washer and dryer. I think God loves to give us stuff becaue he is thanked and praised for it!

3) We take every opportunity to tell others what He has done for us. He always gets the credit.

You should start a list of all of the things that God has done for you lately. Everytime I look at my list, I feel like I am God's favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment