Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cheap and Yummy Jambalaya

Need a new meal idea? Here is one I tried yesterday. It got good reviews. My favorite part? It was REALLY cheap to make! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 onions
2 bell peppers (I made mine without b/c nobody in our family likes bell peppers!)
garlic (to taste)
your favorite seasonings (I used a chipotle spice, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper. You can use what your family likes. Cajum seasoning is great with this too.)
1 or 2 packages of smoked sausages
3 cups of beef or chicken broth
2 cans of diced tomatoes
3 cups white rice

In a LARGE stockpot, melt a few Tbs. of butter. chop the onions, pepper, and garlic. Cook about 10 minutes on medium-low heat. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Cook 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy, I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete